I've been reminding you of beloved forgotten game franchises for nearly four years now, so it seems like a good time to pause and see just which publishers have taken my advice and revived some classic titles from past generations.
- Bionic Commando - Not only is there a new 3D incarnation of the series on the way, but the original 2D game is getting a modern makeover.
- Earthbound - A sequel was finally released, but only in Japan. At least we get some new Earthbound-related material in Super Smash Bros. Brawl.
- Ghostbusters - The dream is alive as a new adventure featuring most of the original cast is in the works for all modern consoles.
- Kid Icarus - Rumors persist that heroic angel Pit will appear in a new adventure, but for now it's great to see him return for Super Smash Bros. Brawl.
- Super Mario Land 2: Six Golden Coins - New Super Mario Bros. finally brought Mario back to his 2D roots.