Zen Studios has been toiling away on a series of pinball tables for its outstanding Zen Pinball 2 / Pinball FX2 platforms based on aspects of the famed Star Wars universe for quite some time and is finally ready to release some of the results. Three tables based on key aspects of the franchise are due to hit Zen/FX platforms next week with seven more on the way over time. The Empire Strikes Back has to be the biggest attention grabber of the first wave, but tables featuring Boba Fett and The Clone Wars are also attracting some interest among Jedi and pinball fans alike. Straight from Zen's Star Wars Pinball website, here's when and how you can get your Force fix:
Star Wars Pinball will release as DLC for the following platforms and dates:
- Pinball FX2™ on Xbox LIVE® Arcade – February 27th for 800 MSP
- Zen Pinball 2™ on PlayStation®Network for PlayStation 3 & PlayStation Vita with Cross Buy entitlement! Purchase once and play on both systems – February 26th in North America for $9.99, February 27th in Europe for €9.99.
- Zen Pinball 2 on the Mac®App Store – February 27th for $2.99/table
- Zen Pinball on the Apple®App Store – February 27th for $1.99/table
- Zen Pinball HD Google Play™ – February 27th for $1.99/table
Star Wars Pinball will release as a standalone application on the following platforms:
- Star Wars Pinball for the Apple® App Store
- Star Wars Pinball for Google Play™
Additional platforms will be announced at a later date.
I've been teasing my pinball pal Blake Grundman of the EvilCast podcast for weeks that the first tables are actually based on Jar Jar Binks (featuring new voicework from Jar Jar actor Ahmed Best), and L'il Anakin (complete with "Whoopee!" cheer). It's provided me with no end of amusement. If the real tables are half as fun as tormenting him with fake information, I'll be pleased. Check out the trailer for Empire, after which I've included some of my favorite moments of trying to break Blake's brain.