Developer thatgamecompany has made a name for itself with critically lauded titles like flOw, Flower, and Journey for the Sony PlayStation 3, and now all three of those titles are leaving the digital distribution world behind and will soon head to stores on a disc along with a number of other extras and bonus content until the banner Journey: Collector's Edition. The thatgamecompany blog details what you'll find on this $30 release.
The complete set of bonus flOw, Flower, and Journey content includes:
- 30-minute behind-the-scenes documentary about the making of Journey
- Creator Commentary play-throughs of all three games
- Three exclusive mini-games from thatgamecompany
- Concept art and screenshot galleries for all three games
- Original soundtracks for all three games
- PS3 dynamic themes and wallpapers
- PSN avatars including 8 exclusive new Journey avatars never released before
- Official game trailers and developer diary videos
- Reversible cover art
I've played all three of the spotlighted games on this set and can't say that I cared for any of them. I found them all to be pretentious wastes of my time. I'm not a thatgamecompany fan, but I know there are plenty of people out there who disagree with me and will eagerly snatch up this set when it releases on August 28. I hope you all enjoy this one; I'm obviously going to steer clear. I just hope that the creator commentary explains just what what going on in Journey because I'm told that my interpretation completely missed the point, llamacats and all.