With all the focus on the single-player action in Ghostbusters: The Video Game there hasn't been much revealed about the multiplayer material in the Sony PlayStation 3, Microsoft Xbox 360, and PC versions of the game. Now Atari and Terminal Reality have put out some information on how you and your friends will be busting ghosts. Kombo has the details.
Unique Multiplayer Features:
- Play as one of the Ghostbusters: Choose to play as any one of the four original Ghostbusters or the rookie;
- Unique Achievements: Players are given scores and ranks for each match that are also applied to their online profile. Difficulty scaling is available according to rank;
- 6 Unique Power-ups: To help players on even the trickiest of jobs, unique power-ups such as the Ghost Shrinker or Ethereal Shield are available;
- Limited Ammunition: To ensure teamwork, players must pick up ammunition for each type of equipment with ammunition levels being shown on the proton pack;
- Unique AI Features: To add another dimension to the hunting, wrangling and trapping experience of being a Ghostbuster, ghosts have unique AI features such as more aggressive behaviour, the power to sabotage traps and the ability to fuse with other ghosts;
- Full VOIP support: Voice support for both Xbox 360 and PS3 allows for easy communication between players.
- Two Multiplayer Co-op Game Modes:
- Instant Action: Players can test their mettle in a variety of Job Types across a selection of 12 different maps to see if they've got what it takes to be a true Ghostbuster;
- Campaign Mode: Players work through one of four different environments busting ghosts to earn cash and upgrade their equipment.
I spoke with Terminal Reality's Glenn Gamble yesterday evening for a pre-interview to prepare for this week's episode of Kombo Breaker and he'll have a lot of interesting things about the new game and Ghostbusters in general to share with us (including more detail on how this multiplayer mode plays). He won't be able to tell us all of the game's secrets right now, but rest assured that there is something very interesting going on.
And if that isn't enough for you, check out this clip of the recent "Roy Rogers McFreely" episode of American Dad in which Hayley Smith takes a bold stand for fans of Ghostbusters 2 everywhere.