Capcom finally left the 8-bit Mega Man world behind in 1995, and with extra power at the heart of the Super NES, Sega Saturn, and Sony PlayStation, the Robot Master designers went a little overboard with adding new details and attempted realism. More colors, larger canvases, and less personality were hallmarks of this era, almost as if the developers were trying a little too hard to show off the latest iteration of "next generation graphics" at work. The character artwork created for Mega Man 7 and Mega Man 8 bring us to the penultimate part of Robot Masters On Parade.
Robot Masters On Parade
- Part 1 (Mega Man, Mega Man 2)
- Part 2 (Mega Man 3, Mega Man 4)
- Part 3 (Mega Man 5, Mega Man 6)
- Part 4 (Mega Man 7, Mega Man 8)
- Part 5 (Mega Man and Bass, Mega Man 9)
(Some images via The Mega Man Network)